Music makes your workout way more enjoyable. It helps you get out of your fitness slump and keeps you motivated at the gym. Whether you’re running outside, lifting weights, or doing Crossfit – these are the Best Songs To Workout To. There’s something for everyone out of the 40 tunes here.
They’ll help you keep pushing (when everything in your brain/body’s telling you to quit). Push your limits and reach your #WorkoutGoals. Keep using music as a soundtrack to your workouts. Picture yourself as Rocky training for his fight against his next opponent. Most of these songs were inspired by the most-popular workout playlists on Spotify (I added a few of my own favorites too).
Best Songs To Workout To – Achieve Your #WorkoutGoals!
We broke them down into 4 different groups for you. Here they are, enjoy!
- Songs For Crossfit & Activating Beast Mode (Become The Hulk)
- Pump Up/Hype Songs (Sonic Motivation)
- Songs For Running & Cardio (Perfect For Finding Your Rhythm)
- Songs For Pumping Iron (Self Explanatory)
1. Songs For Crossfit & Activating Beast Mode (Become The Hulk)
When you’re trying to reach your full potential in the gym, these songs will help you activate Beast Mode. They’re perfect for intense Crossfit-style exercises.
They’ll fuel you up with pure adrenaline and hardcore motivation to keep you going for as long as you need to.
- “Everybody” by Logic – This song has a feel-good beat with enough energy to get you on your feet and activating Beast mode. It’s one of the singles from his album, Everybody (released in 2017)
- “Till I Collapse” by Eminem – from The Eminem Show (this one’s consistently a #1 pick worldwide)
- “Like Whaaat” by Problem ft. Bad Lucc – from his Understand Me album“Power” by Kanye West – from 808s and Heartbreak
- “HUMBLE” by Kendrick Lamar – from DAMN.
- “Mosh Pit” by Flosstradamus feat. Casino – You’ll have to restrain your urge to start a mosh pit at the gym when you listen to this one.
- “You Don’t Know” by Eminem ft. 50 Cent, Cashis, and Lloyd Banks (from Eminem Presents: The Re-Up)
- “Ambitionz as a Ridah” by Tupac (from All Eyez On Me)
- “WORK (Remix)” by A$AP FERG (this one never fails at activating Beast Mode)
- “M.A.A.D. City” by Kendrick Lamar ft. MC Eiht (off of good kid, m.A.A.d. City)
2. Pump Up/Hype Songs (Sonic Motivation)
If you need some tunes to pump you up, or get you hype – these ones have you covered. From Bay Area hip-hop with that distinctive bounce – to EDM-infused, high-energy tracks.
Listen to these to get even more energy. (Maybe you don’t need that cup of coffee before you hit the gym.)
- “Slappin” by E-40 ft. Nef The Pharaoh and DRAM
- “Fame” by Borgore
- “Wild For The Night” by A$AP Rocky ft. Skrillex and Birdy Nam Nam (from Long. Live. ASAP.)
- “Tony” by LOUDPVCK & GLADIATOR feat. Nipsey Hussle
- “The Paradox” by Excision (off Virus, released in 2016)
- “TTG (Trained To Go)” by Waka Flocka ft. French Montana, YG Hootie, Joe Moses and Baby Boom)
- “Forever” by Eminem ft. Drake, Kanye West, Lil Wayne (one of the most legendary collaborations)
- “Gordo” by Carnage ft. Rick Ross & AraabMusik
- “Mobbin” by Mantis ft. Crichy Crich
- “U Guessed It” by OG Maco (from his 2014 OG Maco EP)
3. Songs For Running & Cardio (Perfect For Finding Your Rhythm)
When most people throw on their favorite pair of running headphones and lace up their shoes, they like to listen to upbeat but laid-back music. Listen to these 10 songs to help you get into that place called “the zone” – where you forget that you’re even running.
Find your rhythm and get in the groove. The BPM are more important for this type of exercise – which is exactly why these jams made the cut. Lace up your shoes, put your earbuds in and enjoy the sonic elevation.
- “Waiting For Love” by AVICII
- “Up All Night” by Arty ft. Angel Taylor
- “Heart Attack” by Demi Lovato (from her 2013 Unbroken) – “Heart Attack” plays at 174 BPM, which makes it perfect for finding the optimal stride. (You won’t be having a heart attack anytime soon if you stay motivated to keep running.)
- “First Things First” by Neon Trees
- “When We Were Young” by Dillon Francis (Zomboy Remix)
- “Sleepless” (Radio Edit) by Cazzette feat. The High is a great tune with a steady BPM. It’s great for forgetting that your feet are moving under you. This one has good vibes overall.
- “Hate Me Now” by Nas (your body might hate you in the middle of your run, but it’ll be thanking you when you’re done)
- “I Need Your Love” by Calvin Harris ft. Ellie Goulding is another great tune for finding your rhythm and keeping up with the pace that you set for yourself.
- “Slow Down” by Selena Gomez (from Stars Dance, released in 2013)
- “Backbeat” by DAGNY
4. Songs For Pumping Iron (Self Explanatory)
When you’re trying to pass your PR (personal record), loud, upbeat music can help you push through the pain. These ones are more hard rock-driven.
Acknowledge the fire in your muscles and use these tunes to keep going until you reach your #WorkoutGoals.
- “Swerve City” by Deftones (from Koi No Yokan, released in 2012)
- “Deal With The Devil” by Pop Evil is from their 2013 album ONYX. It has a nice groove and aggressive tone that’ll help you conquer any inner self doubt.
- “Guerrilla Radio” by Rage Against The Machine (who doesn’t like some Rage to get your blood moving?)
- “Catching Plays” by Destructo x Wax Motif ft. Pusha T & Starrah
- “Call You Out” by Flyleaf
- “Blow” by Atreyu is from their most workout-ready album – Lead Sails Paper Anchor. Within the first few seconds you’ll know why this one made the cut. This entire album has more energy than ten 5-Hour Energy shots.
- “Narcissistic Cannibal” by Korn ft. Skrillex & Kill The Noise (“Korn has a dubstep album?)
- “Just Like You” by Three Days Grace is from their self-titled 2003 release. There’s a reason it’s still a mainstay in the many weight-lifter’s playlists. Press play and see why.
- “Dig” by Mudvayne (dig deep and get that one last rep in!)
- “Blood” by In This Moment
That’s All For Now – Do You Feel The Adrenaline?
What do you think? Are you ready to hit the weights? Is your body telling you to move, but your brain’s not quite there yet? Throw on the Best Songs To Workout To and get motivated!
Reaching your #WorkoutGoals is definitely in your future – you just needed that extra push. Maybe you’re already well on your way to setting a new personal record, but you just wanted some extra fuel for your tank.
Are you fully satisfied with your current headphones or earbuds? Could you use a nice, waterproof upgrade (since you’ll be pushing yourself harder than ever now)? You have your new playlist of songs to use at the gym now, head over here and check out our Best Wireless Earbuds For Working Out. You’ll need a pair of buds to listen to your new playlist, right?
I hope you enjoyed this list! What songs do you use to get yourself up and out? Out of the 4 different playlists here, which one is your favorite? Leave a comment below and let me know, I’d love to hear your input!
Thanks for tuning in!
Sonic Elevation: Ride The Waves.